Hand carving workshop - all levels
Single session - 2 hours
"Get in a zen state of mind with a creative carving session"
Carving clay is a beautiful way of adding surface decoration to ceramic pieces. It's a slow-paced process, undoubtedly bringing you in a peaceful mood. There is no previous clay experience needed.
- You'll get 2 wheel-thrown tumblers I made prior to the workshop to get creative with.
- Learn different techniques and styles of carving.
- After the workshop, I will glaze the inside, and fire your pieces.
- Finished pieces can be picked up at the studio (or shipped at a cost) about 4 weeks after the workshop.
- One additional piece per person will be available at an extra CAD 25.00.
- Maximum of 6 participants per workshop.
- Evening participants are welcome to BYOB.
What to bring
Clay and tools will be provided for the duration of the workshop. Please wear comfortable clothes that you are not too worried about getting a little dirty.
I will send you the location of my East Vancouver studio once your registration and payment are confirmed.
No cancellations. In case you need to reschedule, a 48-hour notice in writing is required. Workshops can only be rescheduled once and a CAD 10.00 fee will be applied for rebooking.
Andrew Wicks (vase)
Leigh Pottery (bowl)
Studio Misone (tumbler with leaf)
K Ceramics (colourful tumblers)